Publication Date: March 3,2006 | ISBN-10: 0471737593 ISBN-13 :978-0471737599 Edition: 2
A focused look thermodynamics principles and applications
Provide a simple, highly centralized method, Sonntag and Borgnakke's Introduction to Engineering Thermodynamics (second edition), ideal for one-semester course, or in the first phase of the thermal fluid science sequence courses.
Based on its highly successful text, the basic principles of thermodynamics, engineering thermodynamics, Second Edition covers the basic principles and practical application students a more friendly format. The authors guide students, from easy to measure the thermodynamic properties, internal energy, entropy, and the first and second law, through a brief coverage of the wet air, cycle, and introduces the basic concepts of the combustion and heat transfer.
The second edition of the bright spot
* A new chapter in a chemical reaction.
* Revised coverage of heat transfer, pay more attention to the application.
* A new concept of checkpoints to allow students to test themselves and how they understand the concept of just proposed.
* How in most of the chapters, to answer frequently asked questions section.
* Revised examples, illustrations and homework problems, and a lot of new problems.
* ThermoNet online tutorials, along with graphics, animation and video clips. Online Registration code in the text.
Computer aided thermodynamic table 2 software (CATT2) of Claus Borgnakke, provides automated table lookup and interpolation of a variety of material properties data. The text on the Web site to download.